Designed for ages 11-16, the Teen 8-week learning process employs a team oriented and fun approach that fosters leadership in association with healthy eating. Teens truly enjoy learning our nutritional content at your site.
Via discussion, collaboration, and leadership activities, we learn:
- About food deserts and how to solve for a lack of nutritious options in the area
- How costs, refrigeration, and logistics can impact healthy habits
- How teamwork can build a healthy community
- How to read, understand, and explain a nutritional label
- Positive associations with healthy foods
- A desire to eat healthy and share healthy habits with the family
EBLB Summer Interns hard at work with our teens!